I like to give my cat brother a hard time and chase him around the house but I do love him. Really!! I tuck my tail when he gets ready to go on car rides because I know how upset he is going to be. I don't like to see him so afraid and neither do the people at Stone House. That's why there are a couple things that they recommend to make car trips a little less stressful for our cat brothers and sisters.
* Get the cat carrier out a couple days ahead of time. Cats aren't as afraid of it if they see it without having to get in right away.
* When it's time to go, bring your cat and the carrier into a small room so there isn't any chance of a hiding place. The bathroom works well.
* Sometimes it helps to stand the carrier up vertically and to put your cat in tail first.
* There are products to help your cat feel less stressed. Feliway is a spray that can be sprayed on a towel and put into the carrier.
* Move the bedding they know and love into the carrier.
I hope these ideas help your cat sibling!
Love and licks,
I'm Kona, a 2 year old Rottweiler. I love to run, play and give kisses....alot of licks means alot of kisses! Mom has worked at Stone House for almost 12 years and was just waiting for the perfect dog and I'M IT!! I also have a cat brother and 3 people siblings. I love them all (but the cat won't believe me!)